Spring has sprung!
As the weather warms and nature awakes, you and your pup are probably getting the itch to get out and enjoy the world! Spring is a fantastic time to enjoy new activities with your dog.
As the chill of winter disappears and the world grows green again, the great outdoors beckons. Why not plan an adventure and soak up the beauty of spring?
Bring your pup along on your outings, and definitely consider trying these activities to get your pup out and about too!
Best Spring Activities To Do With Your Puppy
- Get to the dog park! Early spring can be a challenge with mud and chilly rain, but late spring is a gorgeous time of year for the dog park. Pups and their humans will be enjoying the weather, ready to romp and use up some energy in the great outdoors!
- Include your pup in fitness activities. Whether you do yoga at home or have taken up walking and jogging, take your pup along as much as possible. They’ll enjoy the time with you, and bringing them along for a walk or jog will help them rebuild any stamina they may have lost after moving less over the winter.
- Choose a cute Easter costume for your pup! Bunny ears, a bunny tail, an adorable spring sweater…you’ll be amazed at how many people smile and comment on their outfit!
- Hiking is an incredible way to enjoy the outdoors in spring. Be sure to keep your pup leashed so they don’t disturb wildlife in the area, especially since there will be many new animal families around! Sharing the sights, sounds, and smells of nature with your pup will leave them delighted by the adventure, and ready for a nap when you get home.
- Look for a pet expo in your area. The event may not take place in spring, but tickets are often available early in the year for summer and fall events. Plan some activities now for later in the year!
- Schedule a spring grooming session! If your pup doesn’t require frequent grooming, late spring is a great time to schedule an annual or semi-annual grooming session to remove thick winter coats and freshen your pup’s look in time for spring.
- Do a little spring cleaning! Examine your pup’s toys, bed, toothbrush, and other care items to see if anything needs to be replaced, or simply isn’t a good fit for your pup anymore.
What do you love about spring? No matter what it is, remember to include your pup in your activities as much as possible! Enjoy the weather, bond with your pup, and make some memories this spring!