The Puppy Process
At Sugar Sweet Georgia Puppies, we do things differently. Our team is very selective when choosing the puppy breeders that we work with. All breeders must meet the following standards in partnership:
- Breeders must be less than 4 hours drive from our Lawrenceville, GA location.
- Breeder must NOT be pet brokers.
- Breeders must allow us to get the entire litter. We take all siblings to reduce anxiety and promote puppy health & wellness.
- Breeder must allow pick up from their location. Our team carefully assesses the puppies’ living conditions, treatment, parents, and overall environment.
How is Sugar Sweet Georgia Puppies Different?
Our team is committed to the health and wellness of every puppy. In order to provide the best environment for all of our puppies, our team adheres to high standards. These include but are not limited to:
- All puppies are picked up by our store owner. Puppies are placed in an air conditioned van where they are spoken to, sung to, and comfortable as they are transported to Lawrenceville.
- Puppies are never transported more than 4 hours from their homes to our location. This helps to reduce stress & increase overall wellness. Small breed dogs tend to experience anxiety or stress during the transportation process. Long and scary trips without siblings can negatively impact them. For this reason we keep siblings all together to reduce stress and anxiety. This promotes a healthy trip and encourages overall well being for the young puppies.
- 90%+ of our puppies are Georgia born, with only a few coming from the GA/TN border (all within 4 hours)
- Puppies are NOT separated from their siblings. The entire litter is made available by Sugar Sweet Georgia Puppies. While being separated from their mother can be stressful for a young puppy, they have the company and companionship of their siblings to ensure a healthy and happy transition for each puppy.
- If a puppy is found to have any issues, we will still keep the puppy and allow our medical team to work to correct any issue. We then find a loving home for the puppy at our expense. Unlike other stores and breeders, we are a no kill operation. We do all we can to make puppies and families happy.
- Upon arrival at Sugar Sweet Georgia Puppies, all pups are checked by our on-staff veterinarian right away.
- Our team includes 3 Vet-Techs and 2 puppy care nurses that work to maintain the health & wellness of our puppies.
- Puppies are not immediately for sale. We wait 10 days as we socialize the puppies and through daily checks we are able to ensure they are healthy.
- Every puppy litter has a full socialization plan. They all receive belly rubs, floor time, and engage in other socialization activities each day.
- Vets continue to check our puppies multiple times during this period.
- Puppies are fed premium dog food, which we can recommend to your family to continue to offer your pup a nutritious diet.
- As a Sugar Sweet Georgia Puppy customer, you receive the owner’s personal cellphone number upon a sale in the event that any unlikely issue may occur. Our external vet will work with your puppy to correct any minor issues free of charge. If more serious issues arise, we will replace your puppy for free.