There’s no need for your pup to miss out on the beauty and fun autumn has to offer! The great outdoors opens for endless adventures once the heat of summer has passed. As the weather cools and leaves change, why not plan a few outings and see where the day takes you!
Top Fall Activities For You and Your Puppy
- Make a pile of leaves! Your dog will absolutely love charging through a pile of leaves in the fall! Try hiding their favorite ball in the pile, and then setting them loose to leap into the pile and search for their toy.
- Visit the dog park. Often, the summer weather is too hot for long periods of outdoor play…not so during autumn! Get together with your other dog-owning friends for coffee while your pups play.
- Celebrate Halloween by choosing an adorable (or scary!) costume for your pup! Check out Pinterest for amazing DIY ideas, or check local pet supply shops for a quick and easy option.
- Go for a hike. Hiking is a wonderful way to enjoy the outdoors. Since you’ll be exploring nature, it’s particularly important to keep your pup leashed and ensure that they don’t disturb wildlife in the area. Arabia Mountain is especially unique and stunning in autumn.
- Head out to an apple orchard with your furry buddy, and harvest some of the most iconic fruit of autumn to enjoy at home! Pick up some fresh apple cider while you’re there
- Go pumpkin picking. Take the entire family to the farm to choose the perfect carving pumpkins and find delicious baking pumpkins for your Thanksgiving pie. Many farms offer everything from corn mazes to kids’ areas, plus wagon rides and more.
- Try your hand at baking some fall treats for your pup! Apples and pumpkins are amazing ingredients for canine-friendly snacks. Check out recipes online or check with your vet for recommended recipes your pup can enjoy.
As a courteous pet owner, always remember to confirm that dogs are allowed at any events or locations before arriving, and make sure you’re prepared with food and water for your pup! And of course, always clean up after your dog. A little planning will simplify your day and make your adventure the rewarding, relaxing time you need together.