Premier Kennel Club (PKC)
The Cavapoochon is a triple-cross breed, combining the best traits of the Cavalier King Charles, Bichon Frise and Toy Poodle. The result is this adorable miniature dog that looks like a puppy forever! This hybrid is considered to be made of the most popular breeds to combine the best of all of their characteristics.
The best way to describe the Cavapoochon is a playful, affectionate, and intelligent lapdog. A successfully bred Cavapoochon will inherit the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel’s love for lazing around and napping, the Bichon Frise’s need for playtime, and the Toy Poodle’s high IQ.
Cavapoochons are known as “the dog that never grows old” because of their permanent teddy-bear-like appearance. They look like adorable living and breathing stuffed toys! The Cavapoochon has big and round eyes that are expressive and can convince you to say yes to anything.
Cavapoochons surprisingly look like none of their parent breeds but instead look like a breed of its own. Some argue that they look more like the Poodle or the Bichon Frise but the Cavapoochon look is truly unique.
- Height: 9-15”
- Size: Small
- Weight: 12-15lbs Occasionally 18-20lbs
- Availability: Might take some effort to find
- Talents: Performing tricks, Companionship
What makes the Cavapoochon so popular is its lovely coat. A Cavapoochon’s coat is thick and fleece-like. It’s just as soft as a sheep’s wool but doesn’t shed. They have curly locks that make them look especially fluffy. The Cavapoochon coat is like that of a Poodle’s because it is hypoallergenic and safe for pet-lovers that might be allergic to dogs.
Their coats come in a variety of colors including apricot, black, black/tan/white, black/tan, Blenheim, cream, red, and sable.
- Children: Excellent with children
- Friendliness: Very Friendly
- Trainability: Easy
- to train
- Independence: Fairly independent
- Dominance: Moderate
- Other Pets: Great with other pets
- Combativeness: Friendly with other pets
- Noise: Little Barking
- Indoors: Moderately active indoors
- Owner: Good for novice owners
- Grooming: Regular grooming needed
- Trimming and Stripping: Some trimming or stripping needed
- Coat: Curly/Medium coat
- Shedding: None or Very Light
- Docking: Ears and tail are not cropped or docked
- Exercise: Moderate exercise needed
- Jogging: A good jogging companion
- Apartments: If sufficiently exercised, will be okay in an apartment
- Outdoor Space: Ok with or without a yard if exercised
- Climate: Does well in most climates
- Longevity: Average (12 to 15 years)