Premier Kennel Club (PKC)
For families who wanted an active, robust, little dog, Bichon Poo saw its origin in Australia in late 1990. It is a temperamental dog, with the non-shedding coat, which works well for the children.
High spirited, intelligent, and always up for a jaunt, a Bichon Poo pup is never boring and perfect family pet!
- Height: 9-18” depending on if Toy or Mini
- Size: Very Small to Small
- Weight: 10-35lbs depending on if Toy or Mini
- Availability: Might take some effort to find
- Talents: Performing tricks, Companionshi
If you suffer from allergies or just hate constantly sweeping up pet hair, the Bichon Poo might be the perfect puppy for you! They are very low shedders, so cleanup and allergies will be a breeze! Both Bichon Frise and Poodles require frequent maintenance, so expect the same from your Bichon Poo! Make daily brushing a part of your routine to keep their fur smooth and tangle free. Plan to take your Bichon Poo for monthly grooming and bathe them every few weeks with a mild shampoo.
Bichon Poo puppies are delightful. They are friendly little teddy bears who will always cheer you up with their fun loving, upbeat personality. Bichon Poos easily bond with their family. They tend to be patient and accommodating, easy to integrate into any home!
- Children: Excellent with children
- Friendliness: Very Friendly
- Trainability: Very easy to train
- Independence: Fairly independent
- Dominance: Moderate
- Other Pets: Great with other pets
- Combativeness: Friendly with other pets
- Noise: Not a barker
- Indoors: Moderately active indoors
- Owner: Good for novice owners
- Grooming: Regular grooming needed
- Trimming and Stripping: Some trimming or stripping needed
- Coat: Curly/Medium coat
- Shedding: None or Very Light
- Docking: Ears and tail are not cropped or docked
- Exercise: Moderate exercise needed
- Jogging: A good jogging companion
- Apartments: If sufficiently exercised, will be okay in an apartment
- Outdoor Space: Ok with or without a yard if exercised
- Climate: Does well in most climates
- Longevity: Average (10 to 18 years)